A lot of people who are new to iOS development have absolutely no idea where to begin. I have decided to compile a list of free and paid resources to hopefully guide people in the right direction. Please comment below if you are aware of others as well.
- Developing iOS 8 apps with Swift
- Although the course is dated using Swift 1.2 and for iOS 8, it is still a very solid resource.
- Swift 2 Tutorial: A Quick Start
- The raywenderlich quick start guide is great if you have previous programming experience.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Swift 2
- This is a beginners guide for learning about strictly Swift. Excellent guide to read before hoping into iOS development with Swift that allows you to get a good feel for the language.
- Swift.org documentation
- With the release of open source Swift, swift.org has great up to date documentation for learning about the language as well.
- Help Me Code With Swift
- A wide range of topics for Swift beginners to learn and practice!
- CocoaNuts Resources
- A list of resources compiled by CocoaNuts²
- C4 – Code, creatively.
- C4 is an open-source creative coding framework with a simplified API that gets you working with media right away.
- Awesome Swift
- A curated list of awesome Swift frameworks, libraries, and software for iOS and OSX.
- Auto Layout
- Auto layout makes it easy to different screen sizes, and much more!
- Test Driven Development in Swift
- Test Driven Development (or TDD to its friends) is a way of writing software that will save you from headaches later 🙂
- Swift developer blog
- Swift developer blog teaches the basics of iOS development
- Submitting an iOS app to the App Store (Youtube video)
- A great video that teaches you how to submit your first iOS application to the Apple App Store
- MadApper Youtube channel
- A collection of awesome Swift and Swift for iOS tutorials
- Development in Swift
- A lab based learning course on iTunes U by Plymouth University
- Passing data using segue’s
- A great visual guide displaying how to pass data between view controllers using `prepareForSegue`
- The Complete iOS 9 Developer Course
- For $10¹, you are taught how to use Xcode 7 & Swift 2 to make real apps like Uber, Instagram & Flappy Bird. Includes free web hosting, assets & ebook.
- The Swift Developers Cookbook by Erica Sadun
- A great book by renowned author Erica Sadun, for developers who are moving to modern Swift from Objective-C, from older versions of the Swift language, or from the world of non-Apple languages.
: The $10 deal is valid until Jan 12th, 2016. After, the course is $199.
: Some resources on the CocoaNuts list may be in Objective-C.